Monday night a storm went through our area. Boy, did it go through! Our neighbors tree blew down into our yard! What a mess that made. We are still trying to recover from the mess of the church coming down so quickly when now we have an added attraction of the crown of a tree taking over our yard and my garden.
Yep, the wind did blow and down it came. Crashing 2/3 of our fence between our properties with it. Fence posts twisted and bent and fence bent and broken. Lilac bush didn't survive, nor did my blooming butterfly bush. Roses also got smashed and broken. The garden was really coming into it's own and now will have to be worked on again.
Still waiting to put up the fence around the rest of the property where the church was. Finally to the point of having that done, and then the Storm.
Well, I guess I'll look at the bright side. With the church down I now have a bigger yard and it actually has grass in it. My, how the kids would have loved that when they were younger. A large football field to play in and not a small side yard. The grandkids will get to enjoy it now. You know, a few years from now and I guess I can watch the grandkids play against their parents instead. Now that will be a sight to see and enjoy!!
1 comment:
Way to think positive, Ma-ma. :^) I love you!
Post a Comment