Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I just read my daughter's blog today and she was talking about collections. She has collected many different things over the years even though she only mentions her most recent collection. Hannah, remember "Star Wars". Oh, and "Pirates". Oh, and all your book series. Oh, and your album collection. My how we love to collect things.

Of course, I wonder where she would get that idea from in the first place. Nevermind that I have been collecting elephants since I was 16 years old. I have a rather large collection now. I also have a collection of "Sleeping Beauty" memorabila. That doesn't include my rather large collection of books--both fiction and nonfiction. (It's like a small library in our TV room.) So, as you can see I'm sure I had no influence on her and her collections.

Yesterday we went to the Hershey Gardens. Only crazy people would walk through a garden in 90 plus degree weather. Of course, this is not the first time we have done that. I remember well the gardens in San Antonio and Atlanta. Why do we always pick the hottest day to see the flowers. It's like they also are screaming out for water.

Went shoe shopping this evening. Guess you could say I also have a collection of shoes. Since I wear a size 5, I buy shoes when I find them. You get them while you can because when you need them you can't find them.

So, what is your collection and have you ever gone to a gardens on the hottest day you can?


4 comments:

Hannah said...

I totally remember my Star Wars collection! I almost wrote about it to better describe my compulsion to collect things, but figured my post might end up Waaaay too long if I did. I didn't know that you'd been collection the elephants since you were sixteen!! Oh yes, visiting a garden on the hottest of days...how could I forget? We seem to have a penchant for doing crazy things like that, don't we?

Ooh. Shoes. How many pairs did you find? Are they cute? I almost bought the CUTEST pair of rainboots last night. If they hadn't been $20, they would have been in my shopping basket without a thought. I mean, they were spring green with daisies on them. You can't beat that! Unless of course, your name is mom and you find blue rainboots. :-)

Alicia said...

Of course I've been to gardens on ridiculously hot days - I have a mad woman for a mother! As for collections, I collect memories (in the form of too many mementos, but they make me happy), magnets and postcards from trips, cool homeschooling ideas and resources... I'd like to collect children, but adoption expenses are rather high, so my collection has been limited. I still have my eye on a little boy from Africa though. :^)

Rachel Lynn said...

So basically, Alicia's a packrat, right?

Rachel Lynn said...

SHOES!!! Ok, I don't have the ability to rival a collection like Jen's - but I would love to!! Yeah, I collect glass, and sometimes fairies . . . and shoes (optimistically speaking).

Definitely been at a garden on a hot day lately - with you! =)