After church on Sunday we went out for dinner. Had a fun time at Marco Polo. Just love their food. Best Chinese around!
When we got home we got another surprise. Titus and Shayla had also come up from VA to visit until Monday night.
Nathanael stopped over Monday morning and stayed through the night.
So, we had a full house once again with only Isaiah and Alicia of the Claytor gang missing. Talk about a rowdy and fun time. They were in their glory telling all their stories from growing up. Ah, what a mother didn't know.
Today is Friday...time to be with Brooklynn. On our way over to the house we pass a motorcycle shop every time. Well, this time she says, "When I'm 16 will you get me a motorcycle?" It was hilarious. She was very serious. She knows you have to be 16 to drive. She has already said that when she is 16 she will drive my car to my house so I don't need too. She has also asked me to get her a car...of course, it must be blue. Smart girl. Very good color.
Brooklynn had four shots last evening for school so right now she is taking a nap. They must have really wiped her out. Maybe they gave her sleeping shots as she doesn't always take naps now.
Grandma spent the last two nights here because on Tuesday a young guy who tried to commit a burglary at a house down the street from hers was hiding in her yard behind her kitchen wall and the cement wall. She had opened the door twice not knowing who was there and when she realized where he was hiding and that she didn't know him she yelled at him to get out of her yard and then quickly closed and locked the door. Needless to say it shook her up and she didn't want to be at the house. The police were already searching for him at that time because the owner of the other house was at home and confronted him and chased him. The police didn't realize there was a gap behind the wall of Grandma's house. They have not caught him.
This weekend I must prepare the house for painting. Insulation put in on Valentine's Day and this coming week and the second full week of March the painter will patch and repair the walls and then paint. So, all things on the wall must come off and all small knickknacks must be put away. Now, where do you go with the furniture in the Hobbit house? Um, the middle of the floor. Paint one wall and put furniture back...push other furniture to middle and paint other wall. It will definitely be fun. NOT!! I will need on long vacation when all is finished. It will look nice, but I will be exhausted from things being out of order!
2 comments:
Maybe you should just come stay with me while they paint. Then you can clean up everything all at once when you get home. Besides, I missed all the fun this weekend. I'll tell Brian to hurry up and get over the flu before you get here.
oh my goodness! Did they catch the kid yet? Poor Gram. I'd be scared witless too!
I LOVE coming up to visit you and I'll tell you...I've never heard half those stories either! Makes for some fun times. :)
Post a Comment